Coordinated Planning Process Task Team (CPPTT)
The purpose of the Coordinated Planning Process Task Team (CPPTT) is to review MISO’s MTEP and Generator Interconnection planning processes and identify potential coordination and consistency issues between these processes. The CPPTT will define the issues, and may recommend a priority for each issue, and will refer the issues and priorities to the Planning Advisory Committee (PAC) for further consideration.
Scope of Transmission Planning process elements to be reviewed:
- MTEP (BRP, MEP) and GIP study objectives, assumptions and methodologies, including:
- Objectives of each study process per Tariff requirements, MISO Planning Principles, and other guiding documents
- Criteria and assumptions
- Study sensitivity analyses performed, including MEP Robustness Testing
- Timing and sequencing of study processes
The CPPTT will not address the following, which are within the purview of the Regional Expansion Criteria and Benefits Working Group (RECBWG):
- New benefit metrics associated with any project type under the tariff
- Cost allocation principles for any project type under the tariff
- Should any particular issues overlap with the planning issues identified above, the CPPTT will undertake to avoid discussion of any issues that fall within the RECBWG’s purview beyond the initial identification of those issues.